Thursday, March 31, 2011

Let's Bake: Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes w/ Chocolate Mocha Buttercream

I didn't mean for two posts in a row to be about baking, but why not. I love the recipe for these cupcakes because it doesn't require any type of plant base milk. I have a friend Leah (mentioned in previous post) that has a soy allergy. She isn't Vegan OR a lover of sweets but she indulges when I bake for her. Half a dozen of these cupcakes went to her and the other half to my neighbors.






This is actually the best buttercream I have ever made. It's a basic buttercream with 3 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder and a vanilla and instant coffee syrup (1/2 Tblspn Vanilla & 1 1/2 Tblspn instant coffee).
I didn't want to to give them away. Leah polished one off and loved it. YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment