Monday, May 2, 2011

Ramblings: Death of Osama


          Last night it was announced that Al Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden was assassinated (he doesn't deserve the word assassinated). In all honesty as I watched the news channels report his death ...I felt neither happy nor sad. With every fiber of my being, I wished to feel the sense of justice that 9/11 victims and their families feel. I want to rejoice. I want to climb up on a light pole and chant U S A! and sing every song dedicated to the U.S. at the top of my lungs but instead I feel an overwhelming sense of ...NOTHINGNESS (and I can't even FAKE otherwise)....I feel like a poor excuse for a citizen.
          Maybe it's out of fear that this is only the beginning. Perhaps in the back of my mind I feel like terrorism isn't over and people will always want to plot harm against the greatest nation on Earth. 
Let's see if sleeping will invoke some feeling about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment